The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is currently hiring a NTPEP Program Specialist, a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office.
Nature of the Position:
The NTPEP Program Specialist supports AASHTO’s National Transportation Product Evaluation Program (NTPEP). Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Specialist is responsible for supporting AASHTO members as the liaison for several NTPEP technical committees. Additionally, the Program Specialist may provide support for AASHTO’s Committee on Materials and Pavements (COMP). Tasks include the following:
- Maintain working knowledge of assigned technical committees’ work plans, testing protocols, and structure
- Communicate regularly with manufacturers interested in participating in NTPEP along with reviewing and accepting applications in DataMine, the online repository used to input and access all data NTPEP publishes.
- Track product progress through DataMine, from the application phase to data release
- Gather feedback from manufacturers, test facilities, and state DOTs and facilitate any necessary responses
- Assist committees in making changes to work plans, DataMine, and testing protocols
- Facilitate quarterly conference calls/virtual meetings and assist with agenda creation and document distribution
- Attend the annual NTPEP meeting and provide support for associated technical committees
The incumbent also assists with the Committee on Materials and Pavements as AASHTO support as needed. Tasks would include the following:
- Provide AASHTO support to technical subcommittees and assist with mid-year webinars
- May attend the annual COMP meeting and provide support for associated technical subcommittees
- Help facilitate feedback and suggestions for improvements to applicable standards and specifications
The successful candidate will have three years of professional work experience, preferably in a technical or engineering related field. A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical or scientific discipline is desirable.
The candidate must have excellent written, speaking, and presentation skills; a self-starter with good time management skills; ability to manage several different projects and prioritize tasks; and intermediate to strong computer competence, particularly in Microsoft Office, webinar software, and an aptitude for learning new applications. Candidate must also have the ability to travel to meetings and other events and remain professional in different environments. Also, candidates should have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and to work cooperatively with contractors, staff, and task force members.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, January 24th, 2022.
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org