American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is currently hiring a Finance and Accounting Coordinator, a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office.
Nature of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Finance and Accounting Coordinator is responsible for providing contracts and accounting support to the division and AASHTO staff.
In carrying out this job function, the Finance and Accounting Coordinator must:
- Extract data from the Association’s expense report management system, Concur Travel and Expense, and assist in the preparation of expense journal entries.
- Follow up with employees and customers on questionable expenses, missing receipts, incorrect expense coding, and outstanding expense reports.
- Assist in the reconciliation of staff monthly credit card reports.
- Review invoices and expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies, and proper documentation.
- Assist with the preparation and tracking of purchase orders, invoices and travel reimbursements to ensure contract and GSA per diem compliance.
- Track the length of contract period of performance and/or delivery requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly contract financial reports.
- Reconcile meeting registration payments with registrations received through CVENT with accounting records.
- Follow-up with registrants regarding all outstanding payment and resolve payment issues (includes contacting payee, inputting checks and collecting unpaid meeting registrations).
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Correspond with customers/staff and respond promptly to inquiries.
- Administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have two years of professional experience in basic accounting, and an Associate’s Degree in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong math and analytical skills are required for this position, as well as the ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and pay close attention to detail are essential. The incumbent must be able to operate basic office technology, including Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience utilizing Concur Travel and Expense is desired.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 21, 2020.
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org