American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is currently hiring a Meetings and Member Services Specialist, a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office.
Nature of Position:
The Meetings & Member Services Specialist will report to the Director of Meetings & Member Services and is primarily responsible for supporting the division with administrative tasks; meeting logistics; supporting AASHTO Awards programs, and supporting AASHTO Associate Members program.
The Meetings & Member Services Specialist will serve as a member of the AASHTO logistics team for all meetings and will work with the Director of Meetings & Member Services, meeting planners, and respective AASHTO staff on all of the necessary logistics required to support successful meetings. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build online registration sites for meetings, assist with online registrations, and respond to questions regarding housing.
- Provide support to onsite registration, including responding to attendee inquiries at the registration desk.
- Provide regular registration reports to the Director of Meetings and Member Service.
- Build and maintain event apps for midsize meetings.
- Complete weekly, monthly, and final status reports as required.
- Maintain meeting calendar online and overall meetings listing for internal users.
- In coordination with the meeting planners, prepare pre-meeting arrangements and materials, such as name badges, tent cards/signs. Review meeting signage for accuracy.
- Order all necessary meeting supplies and coordinate meeting materials for shipping to/from each meeting.
- Assist meeting planners and division director with budget and financial tasks.
- Serve as the point of contact to plan and coordinate administrative, logistical, and support services for internal meetings and events.
- Write emails for potential meeting attendees notifying them of key events associated with each meeting (Save the Date, Registration is Open, Know Before You Go).
- Assist in the development and editing of presentations and meeting materials.
- Work with sponsorship managers to coordinate all necessary logistic needs for sponsor recognition at meetings.
This position will also assist in coordinating AASHTO’s Awards program including the Presidents’ Transportation Awards, Johnson, McDonald and Francois Awards and the Special Award of Merit.
In addition, the incumbent will support AASHTO’s Associate Members program. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining Associate Member information in membership database.
- As needed, assist the Director of Meetings & Member Services in the development of associate member programs and events.
- As needed, coordinate materials for webinars, websites, workshops, and/or annual conferences; transcribe meeting notes, and send follow-up correspondence.
A successful candidate will have two years of previous experience in member services, event planning, project management and/or administrative support. The incumbent must have experience multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment to make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups, with responsibility for tracking and managing multiple projects at once. A high school diploma is required, and a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business or hospitality management is desired, though equivalent experience may substitute.
The candidate must have excellent written, speaking, and presentation skills; a self-starter with strong time management skills; ability to plan, organize, and support staff and association programs; and strong computer competence particularly in Microsoft Suites. In addition, a successful candidate should be adept at working with changing schedules and have experience communicating with diplomacy and tact.
Experience in a non-profit organization or association is desired, and knowledge of CVENT is preferred but not required.
Candidates must also have the ability to travel approximately 15 days annually and work non-standard business hours as needed to support AASHTO meetings. In addition, light lifting, bending, and reaching may be required.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, December 9th, 2022.
Who We Are:
AASHTO is a nonprofit, nonpartisan association representing transportation departments in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We represent all transportation modes including: air, highways, public transportation, active transportation, rail, and water. Our goal is to foster the development, operation, and maintenance of an integrated national transportation system that is safe and efficient for every individual. We strive to educate the public and key decision makers about the critical role that transportation plays in securing a good quality of life and sound economy for our nation.
The culture displayed at AASHTO is one of inclusiveness. AASHTO fosters a supportive working environment for staff and focuses on both the professional and personal successes of employees. Additionally, employees benefit from a collective workplace that genuinely cares about them and what they do.
Perks and Benefits:
This position would primarily report out of our Washington, DC office located in Metro Center. AASHTO offers employees hybrid work flexibilities and this role may be approved to work remotely up to 2-3 days per week.
Additionally, as a full-time employee, you are eligible for:
- A retirement plan with a highly competitive matching and contribution structure
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits
- A robust transit benefit
- Generous leave accrual
- Flexible work schedules and telework options
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer. AASHTO has a COVID-vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org