American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is currently hiring a Strategic Partnerships Manager, a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office.
Nature of the Position:
The Strategic Partnerships Manager works to research and secure alliance agreements with third-party vendors to build and manage long-term relationships that benefit the Association and its member agencies. To be successful, all alliances must be financially sound, and must complement and extend AASHTOWare’s core offerings and provide value and desired solutions to AASHTO’s member agencies.
- The Strategic Partnerships Manager is responsible for the AASHTOWare Alliance Program. With oversight from the Director of AASHTOWare, the incumbent will manage the alliance program, which will include the following primary responsibilities: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with current alliances.
- Properly vet potential new alliances, and their product / service offerings through our alliance application process.
- Provide recommendations on alliance selection.
- Assist in the development and participate in alliance agreements negotiations to ensure the best terms for AASHTO and meet the needs for our member agencies.
- Coordinate with the senior marketing specialist on “go-to-market” launch strategies for new alliances.
- Consistently consult with AASHTOWare Project Managers to keep current with AASHTO business needs.
- Liaise, as required, with the appropriate AASHTO staff committee liaison in the relevant business area.
- Assist in the creation of fiscal planning budgets for potential alliances by identifying estimated revenues and costs.
- Manage the financial reporting, as needed, for current alliance agreements.
- Prepare reports for senior management on the status of the alliance program.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of related professional-level experience in project management, contract administration, business law or a closely related field is required, or education may serve as substitute. A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, or management, is required. Evidence of a higher degree of professional development or a Master’s degree in business is highly desirable. Previous experience should demonstrate both professional growth and increasing responsibility. Prior experience in managing annual budgets of $1,000,000, or more is desirable. Previous experience in the formation and management of strategic business alliances is highly desirable, especially in the area of software or technology.
The candidate must have a broad understanding of the value brought to an organization by the formation of alliances with industry partners and the ability to create synergy between organizations by focusing on common goals and opportunities that are beneficial to both. Excellent written and oral skills are required, comprehension of the specific technologies used in transportation departments and associated trends and skills in the areas of contract negotiation, administration, and contract law is desirable. The ability to effectively communicate and to work cooperatively with partners, staff, and members is required.
Applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 19th, 2022
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com