American Association of State Highway and Transportation
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is currently hiring a Marketing Specialist, a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office.
Nature of Position:
The Marketing Specialist supports AASHTO’s overall marketing and communications program, as well as AASHTO’s technical service programs, through the execution of marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities; both external and internal.
This includes supporting the goal of raising member agency and general public awareness of the program(s) products, services and value proposition, and enhancing the program(s) image and position(s) within the marketplace.
- Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, develop annual marketing and communications work plans to promote and support the AASHTO marketing and communication program(s) and enhance its reputation. The individual will work with program directors, project managers and stakeholders to accomplish this.
- Develop, maintain and execute a schedule of communications outreach and marketing efforts to include due dates, audience, delivery method and actual date disseminated or launched, and measurement. Maintain social media presence and develop content for various social platforms.
- Review marketing communications and materials ensuring consistent use of brand guidelines as applicable.
- Execute and analyze digital media and email campaigns to achieve participation engagement and revenue goals for AASHTO products and services. Use marketing analytics to understand campaign results and offer insights and recommendations to refine and improve marketing efforts on an on‐going basis.
- Create marketing materials such as promotional e‐mails, advertising copy/graphics, exhibit displays, and handout materials; work with AASHTO graphic designers as‐needed on the design of materials; work with program contractors as needed in producing event‐related materials and supporting materials such as print and social media ads. Take ownership of marketing materials through production and distribution; and maintain various e‐mail lists as needed.
- Develop and manage surveys on satisfaction and engagement; track results and submit
The successful candidate will have between three to five years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not‐for‐profit or association sector. A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or communications is desirable.
The candidate must have a commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross‐functional teams. They should have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities; strong creative, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; and demonstrated use of various technologies to market programs and services, including social media, Adobe software products, Google Ads, MS Office and online platforms, including WordPress and Constant Contact.
The candidate should have experience developing and managing budgets and should have the ability to manage multiple projects at a time, work under pressure, meet deadlines, assimilate information quickly, and work well with the members and coworkers is necessary. The incumbent must be able to travel out-of-town, as overnight travel may be required up to 15-20 days per year.
Applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 27th, 2022.
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com