Federal Highway Administration
This position provides primary management support to a Division office and customers by planning, performing and coordinating all functions necessary for efficient operation. You will lead and support one or more mission critical program area(s) such as: finance, program management and analysis, and/or emergency management. The position provides recommendations on a range of program-related activities to the Division Office Staff and State DOTs to deliver the Federal-aid highway program.
As a Program Coordinator, you will:
- Provide data gathering and analysis related to their area of responsibility. Participate in the risk assessment process and conduct activities in association with the program to facilitate mission accomplishments.
- Review, organize and submit Division Office policy and procedures for consideration by Division leadership in the following areas: mail distribution; official travel; management of electronic and paper records; procurement of office supplies, forms and equipment; replacement and disposal of equipment and furnishings; office interior changes; office communications; building maintenance and other matters affecting FHWA workspace; and GSA vehicle fleet inventory, maintenance and repair.
- Assist with revising and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administrative and financial programs. Assist in reviewing Purchase Card program activities, Travel, and Property with occasional guidance.
- Serve as Division Training Coordinator and assist employees to navigate the DOT training system. Scan and add employee training certificates from outside vendors into the DOT training system.
- Initiate the processing and tracking of employees’ time and attendance using CASTLE. Ensure leave and telework hours are properly recorded in CASTLE. Report discrepancies and areas of concern to the supervisor.
- Advise travelers on appropriate documentation and lead times required for sponsored travel, domestic travel, foreign travel, premium class, carrier, expense allowance and leave request. Complete travel system authorization and voucher review and supports as a travel arranger, reviewer, or fund certifier using approved agency applications (i.e., E2 Travel Solutions). Process invitational travelers to complete required forms for signature and approval and budget allocations within the required time-frame.
- Process FOIA requests using FHWA guidance and complying with all governing regulations.
- Conduct new Employee Orientation to acclimate new and mid-career hires to the field office and staff, ensure that there is leadership communication occurring for the employee to understand job duties and expectations. Assist HR with employees completing and submitting documents for in-processing, out-processing, transferring, separating, retiring employees.
Act as the Division Office’s procurement official and government purchase cardholder ensuring that purchases comply with the Federal Acquisition Regulations, DOT guidance and any Division policies.
- The ideal candidate is an individual with experience providing a wide range of program management support in a quality manner, with a strong customer service focus and the ability to facilitate communication among office staff, other offices and various partners.
To determine which grade(s) you are eligible for, review the following grade specific details. You will be asked questions as part of your application but make sure to verify how you meet this experience and/or education in your resume and/or uploaded transcripts or you may be deemed ineligible.
For the GS-07:
To qualify on Experience, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level, which included performing work such as, or related to:
- Experience performing program support duties to an organization such as budget, coordinating with other organizations/offices, or monitoring administrative processes and functions.
Or, to qualify on Education, you must have at least 1 year of graduate-level education OR a Bachelor’s degree with Superior Academic Achievement**. Transcript(s) are required for verification.
You can also qualify based on a combination of graduate level education and experience. This must be fully supported in your included resume and transcript(s).
**Superior Academic Achievement is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership. (In order to be creditable under this provision, superior academic achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled.)
For the GS-09:
To qualify on Experience, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level, which included:
- Experience performing program support duties to an organization such as budget, coordinating with other organizations/offices, or monitoring administrative processes and functions; AND
- Experience gathering data and providing recommendations to management or leadership on at least one of the programs such as: financial, program management & program analysis, civil rights, or emergency management.
Or, to qualify on Education, you must have at least 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree, or have been awarded a master’s or equivalent graduate degree. Transcript(s) are required for verification.
You can also qualify based on a combination of graduate education and experience. This must be fully supported in your included resume and transcripts.
For more information and to apply for the position, please visit USAJobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/630614100
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com