Federal Highway Administration
The employee works to enhance FHWA’s stewardship, ensuring accountability of Federal funds and achieving organizational excellence in delivering the Federal-aid highway and transportation program. The employee will provide management advice to the Division Administrator, the Deputy Division Administrator, division office staff, State and local transportation agencies.
As a Transportation Finance Manager, you will:
- Represent the Division Administrator and have delegated authority to develop, promote and implement improved accounting practices and and procedures.
- Manage the Division’s FIRE Program, which is a review and oversight program requiring annual certification of internal financial controls.
- Serve as the technical advisor for key FHWA division personnel and state employees on various phases of auditing.
- Implement and conduct financial management system reviews and evaluations of the state DOT and local governments and provide professional and technological advice and assistance.
- Plan and conduct reviews and evaluations of the State’s financial processes and systems and administer the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
The ideal candidate is an experienced financial expert experienced in the review, interpretation and application of financial management programs and policies. The candidate is experienced in leading and overseeing financial reviews, working with senior level professionals in various organizations, serving as a senior agency/organization representative and leading people.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements. You will be asked related questions as part of your application, but you also need to verify how you meet the specialized experience in your USAJOBS built resume or you may be found ineligible.
For the GS-13, to qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, it must include:
- Experience conducting reviews and/or audits of financial programs, such as financial integrity reviews to ensure expenditure of funds in accordance with regulatory or legal requirements; AND
- Experience providing technical advice on cost accounting and billing procedures for financial programs, such as developing procedures, policies and internal controls.
You cannot substitute education at this grade level; you must have experience.
For more information and to apply for the position, please visit USAJobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/630615600
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org