Idaho Department of Transportation
Do you want to make a difference and be part of an award-winning agency, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Idaho through transportation?
At the Idaho Transportation Department, every employee is critical to the mission and we strive to foster an innovative, collaborative workplace where employees can grow and do their best work.
The Idaho Transportation Department is hiring a Transportation Technician Senior for our Disctric 1, Coeur d’Alene, Office. These are entry level positions, the first step in the Transportation Technician Engineering Career Path series. The successful candidates will be self-starters, enthusiastic learners, and constructive team member.
This position is the first step in the Transportation Technician Senior Horizontal Career Path series.
ITD has created horizontal career paths in order to create high caliber technicians and better career advancement opportunities for our employees. We encourage our employees to be authentic and provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where all opinions are valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which makes ITD better and brings value to our communities.
This is a career that provides an opportunity to be a part of a variety of public infrastructure development projects in a region that has a rapidly changing landscape. With ITD’s horizontal career path you will be able to gain experience in developing and constructing highway projects and focus on what you enjoy best! Employees are encouraged to find what works best for them, utilizing their strengths and provided them control of their career path in this booming industry.
Transportation Technician Senior Horizontal Career Path consists of 3 steps. Wages increase after successful completion of each step in the career path as outlined below:
- Starting wage: $20.83
- Completion of Step One: $22.67
- Completion of Step Two: $25.39
- Completion of Step Three: $28.66
Example of Duties
- Good knowledge of CADD – Modeling, computer aided Drafting
- Assess contractor activities including: inspection, proper installation sequencing, schedule compliance, and contract requirements.
- Inspect, observe and ensure a construction project is constructed in accordance with contract plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily record of the work (labor, equipment, materials, quantities)
- Coordinate, perform, and/or supervise technical engineering work in the field, or office.
- Compute, check, and verify quantities, materials, costs, and final contractor payments;
- Assist licensed engineers in developing and designing highway construction projects.
- Review and draft construction plans under the supervision of a licensed engineer.
Minimum QualificationsLicensure: Valid driver’s license.
Good knowledge of:
Computer systems and applications used in engineering/construction and maintenance.
Experience: Using engineering plans, specifications, maps, charts and/or GIS data;
Providing direction and training on highway maintenance or construction inspection to others;
Identifying and organizing appropriate materials and equipment for maintenance or construction projects.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org