Idaho Transportation Department
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) has defined a Constructive Culture as a results-driven work environment where all employees treat each other with respect, develop themselves personally and professionally, support team efforts, and are accountable for their actions. Many efforts including leadership coaching and training are taking place to grow ITD’s Constructive Culture. This opening may be your opportunity to use your knowledge and skills and to also help promote a Constructive Culture at the ITD.
Idaho Transportation Department has an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking, innovative leader to provide direction and guidance as an Asset Management Engineer (Engineer Manager 1). We are committed to providing innovative solutions for the design, construction, and maintenance of Idaho’s roadways and this position will help guide ITD in these endeavors.
Licensure: Licensed in Idaho as a Professional Engineer (PE); or be eligible for comity licensure by the Idaho Board of Professional Engineers in accordance with Idaho Code, Title 54, Chapter 12; AND Valid driver’s license. Good knowledge of: state and local government operations pertaining to a specific engineering discipline.
Level I knowledge of: management practices.
- Supervising engineering staff
- Interpreting and applying federal, state, and local laws pertaining to a specific engineering discipline
- Evaluating engineering projects and making decisions relative to their merit.
- Writing engineering reports and correspondence
- Reviewing and critiquing engineering analyses
- Making oral presentations to groups relative to the merits of engineering applications
- Civil Engineering PE
- Experience managing and developing budgets and schedules to ensure efficient oversight of project or program deliverables;
- Demonstrated application of change management practices in a work environment;
- Demonstrated independent thinking and decision-making ability;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams;
- Good written and oral communications skills.
To apply for this job email your details to CAREERS@itd.idaho.gov