Idaho Transportation Department
Idaho Transportation Department:
Our Mission: Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity.
Are you interested in working for an award-winning state agency with a Constructive Culture?
Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) has defined a Constructive Culture as a results-driven work environment where all employees treat each other with respect, develop themselves personally and professionally, support team efforts, and are accountable for their actions. Many efforts including leadership coaching and training are taking place to grow ITD’s Constructive Culture. This opening may be your opportunity to use your knowledge and skills and to also help promote a Constructive Culture at ITD.
The Idaho Transportation Department has an opening for a Business Analyst. This position will provide Business Analysis, requirements gathering, process analysis and re-engineering, and task tracking for the ETS DevOps teams and the efforts that they work on.
Note: This position will require a background check before a final offer is made.
Example of Duties
Business Requirements & Process Refinement:
- Perform stakeholder analysis.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings to analyze and document current processes, and help the business to outline strategies for improving process efficiencies.
- Document requirements and create functional specifications.
- Participate in Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) document preparation.
- Analyze and map data flows and integrations.
- Create epics and user stories.
Project & Initiative Lead (Product Owner, SCRUM Master, Project Coordinator):
- Document and track DevOps and Operational Initiative tasks.
- Coordinate functional and system testing.
- Manage the impediment, issues, risks, and decisions logs.
- Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the functional testing team.
- Facilitate planning, backlog review, and retrospective sessions.
- Engage with ETS managers to establish initiative priorities.
- Work with the DevOps teams to ensure they understand the requirements and functional specifications.
- Create and manage tasks in Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure DevOps.
- Coordinate the work of tasks needed to complete initiatives.
- Obtain status of work in progress.
- Create burndown and other reports to communicate initiative status.
- Assess change proposals for schedule impact, costs, and resource requirements.
- Create training and procedure documentation.
- Prepare implementation plans.
- Participate in preparation of DevOps and Operational Initiative (OI) resource estimates.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Good knowledge of:
– Project management;
– Organizational/business analysis and evaluation;
– Process improvement methodology.
– Working knowledge of Azure DevOps/TFS.
– Experience working in a DevOps environment.
– Minimum 3 to 5 years working as an Agile Practitioner, SCRUM Master, and or Product Owner.
– Business Analyst for 5+ years in an Agile environment.
To apply for this job email your details to CAREERS@itd.idaho.gov