Idaho Transportation Department
Please note that interested applicants must apply through governmentjobs.com
Are you interested in working for an award-winning state agency with a Constructive Culture?
The Idaho Transportation Department has an opening for an Internal Review Manager to lead our Internal Review team in the Administration Division. The Internal Review Manager oversees a team of internal auditors. Audit scope includes the entire department including Highways, Department of Motor Vehicles and Aeronautics.
Notice: This position requires a background investigation before a final job offer is made.
Example of Duties
- Administer the department’s Enterprise Risk Management effort
- Prepare, manage and execute an annual work plan
- Plan and perform operational and financial audits
- Identify business process risks
- Develop testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Develop and maintain standard work for audit processes
- Document outcomes of all efforts
- Develop recommendations and related reports
- Present recommendations to senior management and monitor remediation efforts
- Formulate professional development and educational plans for junior staff members
- Plan and allocate resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules
- Review work product of staff
This position will require travel, primarily, but not limited to in state travel. Expect to travel on an as needed basis.
Good knowledge of:
- Accounting principles and practices
- Management practices
- Supervising others
- Auditing and interpreting computerized financial reports and data
- Auditing or designing and maintaining computerized financial reporting systems and subsystems
- Auditing or establishing internal financial reporting controls
- Preparing financial management or audit reports
- Preparing and making oral presentations
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
Audit Specific Experience
- Experience using, implementing, testing major financial systems (ERP applications).
- In-depth knowledge of GASB and GAAP
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Prior success conducting external and internal audits
Leadership Specific Skills
- Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated constructive leadership skills with results of developing team members with various levels of experience, skill, knowledge and abilities.
Technical Specific Skills
- Experience with productivity tools including spreadsheet and word processing
- Experience with major enterprise resource planning systems like Advantage
- Good knowledge of other business and data applications uses
Creative and Conceptual Skills
- Demonstrated ability to use new approaches to identify issues and solve problems
- Adaptability to variety of business environments
- Ability to create specialized audit programs to meet specific objectives
- Experience working with Enterprise Risk models
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or another business degree with 20 semester hours of Accounting.
- Advanced professional certification such as CPA, CIA or CISA