Idaho Transportation Department
IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
Are you ready to work for a dynamic, award winning state agency that is dedicated to the transportation needs of the people of Idaho? This Software developer position may be your opportunity to put your IT knowledge, skills, and experience to work for the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD).
We require a full stack .Net Developer to help design, build, test and maintain the custom web applications to support the business needs of the Idaho Transportation Department. The Developer is part of an agile development team. The focus of this position will be development of custom web applications, automated workflows, and integration to existing applications.
This position will require a fingerprint criminal background investigation before a final job offer is made.
Example of Duties:
- Participate as a developer and on an agile scrum team. Work with the team to define, estimate and execute tasks in a sprint backlog.
- Communicate actively and consistently with technical and non-technical staff to share information and ideas necessary to further the team’s work.
- Understand and implement best practice solutions per ETS development standards.
- Analyze project requirements and determine and communicate the best technical design for an application.
- Create a breakdown of work to be done to complete a project, define tasks and their outcomes and estimate hours necessary to complete tasks.
- Write code that takes advantage of established design patterns to optimize security, maintainability, testability, and performance of your code.
- Lead the development team’s work with developers, stakeholders, Project Managers and Business Analysts to support User Acceptance Testing. Analyze problem reports that result from UAT. Design and code fixes to issues raised during UAT.
- Own production support tickets as assigned. Take responsibility for investigating and clarifying the issue and communicating the status of this work up to and including resolution.
- Use source code management tools and techniques to facilitate development, release and maintenance of web and mobile applications.
Considerable knowledge of data architecture, software architecture, common software design patterns, development and testing practices; programming languages and software development tool suites.
Experience creating, interpreting and documenting user requirements; analyzing development solutions to show costs and benefits; coding, testing and deploying production systems; establishing and defining architecture and development standards.
– Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of management and company personnel.
– Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
– Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
– Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design.
– 4+ Years as professional software developer.
– .Net programming, ASP.Net, C#, Advanced SQL
– In-depth experience building REST web services with JSON
– Experience with Object relational mapping engines (NHibernate and Entity Framework)
– Knowledge of working in Azure desirable
– Microsoft PowerApps experience desirable
To apply for this job email your details to CAREERS@itd.idaho.gov