Idaho Transportation Department
This is a challenging career opportunity for a highly trained, seasoned, and motivated professional. The IT Software Engineer III will provide leadership in the design, implementation, and maintenance of business process improvements and automations using the Microsoft 365 suite of software applications. This position will also be expected to provide project leadership, technical guidance, and be able to administer our SharePoint Online environment. This position exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks and works under minimal supervision. A successful candidate must be able to use independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
The position will be based at the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) Headquarters office in Boise. If you have previously applied for an IT Software Engineer III position, and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Please note: This position requires a background check (including fingerprints) before a final offer is made.
- Facilitate project meetings with business users to: (1) Gather stakeholder contact information; (2) Document current (as-is) business processes; (3) Document current business process pain points; (4) Design future business processes and automations; (5) Establish project goals; (6) Review technical considerations; (7) Gather, define, and interpret project requirements; (8) Categorize requirements using MoSCoW prioritization; (9) Establish project timeline with defined sprints in accordance with Agile methodologies;
- Design, implement, and maintain automated business solutions using Power Automate workflows;
- Design, implement, and maintain business process improvements utilizing Power Apps, Power Automate, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, and Power BI;
- Create and manage SharePoint Online sites, lists, libraries, and content types in accordance with business needs;
- Manage SharePoint Online permissions using Azure Active Directory;
- Maintain a large SharePoint Online Records repository with millions of documents, in compliance with government security standards regarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII);
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to SharePoint Online best practices, security standards, and governance policies for a SharePoint Online environment that utilizes flat architecture, modern UI, and teams integration;
- Provide tier 2 and tier 3 support for Microsoft 365 service requests and incidents, escalating to Microsoft as necessary;
- Provide critical incident resolution and post-incident documentation and communication with stakeholders;
- Maintain a small collection of InfoPath forms to be converted to Power Automate solutions in the future;
- Train users on SharePoint best practices and site ownership procedures;
- Work with site owners to maximize SharePoint’s role in internal collaboration and communication, with an emphasis on user-created content and self-service;
- Act as a senior technical resource and guide project teams as well as business partners on important technological decisions and ensure delivery of projects on-time and with quality;
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry developments and best practices in accordance with Microsoft’s 365 roadmap for Government Community Cloud (GCC);
- Some positions may have on-going leadership or formal supervisory responsibility for a small IT team.
Considerable knowledge of data architecture, software architecture, common software design patterns, development and testing practices; programming languages and software development tool suites.
Experience creating, interpreting and documenting user requirements; analyzing development solutions to show costs and benefits; coding, testing and deploying production systems; establishing and defining architecture and development standards.
5 years of experience administering and supporting a SharePoint environment, including setting permissions, creating new sites, creating new forms and workflows.
Good knowledge of user requirements gathering, requirements prioritization, business process analysis, and IT systems analysis.
Familiarity with AdobeSign, ShareGate, and InfoPath 2013.
To apply for this job email your details to CAREERS@itd.idaho.gov