Idaho Transportation Department
The Division of Highways within Idaho Transportation Department is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Project Manager 1 to be part of our District 3 team in Boise. Our team is looking for someone with a strong background in transportation and who likes working with diverse stakeholders in a culture that promotes innovation and collaboration. This position will work closely with others to coordinate and manage highway project design using professional project management techniques and principles. This includes project planning, initiation/chartering, development execution, monitoring, and control.
The selected candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work independently to achieve goals. This position may work in Planning, Design, and Construction.
Example of Duties
- Prepares project program work packages for consideration by the district executive team for inclusion into the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program;
- Calculates a preliminary estimated budget and develops a basic outline schedule for each project;
- Prepares project charters which includes detailed scope, schedule and budget along with other technical design such as design standards, minimum level of service, accident analysis, roadway typical, mays, etc. which are necessary for project design and programming;
- Monitor and control the project tasks, schedules and resources;
- Monitor and control project estimates;
- Monitor and control project scopes;
- Determine and establish Communication and Risk Management plans.
- Planning and implementing projects including coordinating the development of project scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies, and measurement processes/methods for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes;
- Interpreting and explaining specialized or complex material into information usable by the public;
- Developing and monitoring contracts.
- Experience with federal aid projects and/or programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com