Minnesota Department of Transportation
This position, located in District 4 Materials Lab, will provide overall direction in managing the District’s Materials section.
· Exercise supervisory authority so that applicable labor agreements and plans are equitably administered and employees under my jurisdiction will effectively perform assigned job duties to achieve the annual objectives of the section.
· Provide overall leadership, review and approval of pavement and materials designs and recommendations during project development, final design and construction so that the completed projects conform to MnDOT standards and polices and provide the optimal system performance and life for the best value.
· Provide overall leadership to the District Materials Laboratory so that materials’ testing is in conformance with applicable standards, methods and specifications and within established time frames.
· Provide regular District pavement system reviews and utilize the Pavement Management System in developing, planning, and coordinating a district pavement maintenance and construction program so that the district’s pavements and programs meet Department standards.
· Provide plan quality control, from a materials aspect, throughout the plan development process so that the completed plan for letting meets the approved pavement and materials recommendations.
· Provide technical assistance in Request for Proposals (RFP) preparation for consultant contracts, monitoring consultant performance and progress, making recommendations to the District Project Manager for acceptance of products and services, certifying contract payment to ensure consultant contract deliverables are met.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) offers employees a good work and personal life balance. A flexible telework schedule may be considered pending approvals.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Flexible work schedule
· Relocation reimbursement may be available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
ABOUT DETROIT LAKES
Detroit Lakes has 412 lakes within a 25-mile radius with a 1-mile long public sand beach and is only 40 minutes to Fargo/Moorhead. You’ll find year-round recreation including skiing, fishing, bird watching, hiking, biking, skating, mountain biking, snowmobiling, boating and 8 area golf courses. Housing in the area includes lakeshore, residential city, rural developments, hobby farms, apartments, condominiums, and townhouses. The Detroit Lakes school district includes two elementary schools, a middle and a high school. Students can also attend three parochial schools and/or Minnesota State Community and Technical College.
· Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
· Three (3) years of post-registration engineering experience at the Engineer Senior level (or equivalent).
APPLY ONLINE BY 5/31/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “55473” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMAITON:
Lena Garcia, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist
To apply for this job email your details to Lena.firstname.lastname@example.org