Minnesota Department of Transportation
This position performs moderately difficult duties related to Contract Administration (roadway and/or bridge construction) and performs technical detail designing and drafting of construction plans according to MnDOT design standards; AND assists in the maintenance and operation of snow and ice control to ensure safe and clear roadways; and related work as required.
Some examples of work for this position are listed below but not limited to the following:
Function: Contract Administration (Roadway and/or Bridge Construction)
· Assists the Chief Inspector on a significant portion of complex projects by completing complex inspection activities to ensure successful completion of projects.
· Performs construction inspections and verifies the dimensions and tolerances of constructed roadway features to ensure conformance to plans and specifications.
· Completes computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) functions and calculations and applies software programs used to perform technical detail designing and drafting of plans.
· Computes estimated quantities and pay items for construction plans.
· Assists with cost estimates and in making design decisions within prescribed limits.
Function: Snow & Ice
· Maintains roadways for snow and ice control: removes snow from roadways and shoulders; opens and widens roadways of large accumulations of snow; removes snow from rights of way or yards; applies anti-icing and de-icing chemicals on stretches of highway under slippery conditions; removes frozen ice and material from culverts; and performs night or dawn patrols.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 12 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
· A minimum of one year of experience in contract administration (roadway and/or bridge construction) activities or related activities
· A minimum of six months experience in performing design activities which must include computer aided drafting and design (CADD).
Note: A Two year Civil or Construction Technology Degree or the following four-year degrees: Architectural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering; Land Surveying / Geomatics; or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience. (In order for education coursework to be considered in lieu of work experience you must submit a copy of your transcripts).
· Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement and no air brake restriction within 6 months of hire.
· Agg Production
· Bit Street Level 1 – or ability to obtain within one year of hire/placement
· Concrete Field Level 1 or ability to obtain within one year of hire/placement
APPLY ONLINE BY 7/1/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “53749” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.