Minnesota Department of Transportation
MnDOT District 6 is offering an opportunity for a Transportation Materials Technician at our Owatonna Truck Station. Examples of work for this specific vacancy include but are not limited to: Provide purchasing and inventory management of various commodities and MnDOT materials. Perform a broad range of work activities associated with purchasing, inventory management, fixed asset management, contract administration, specification, disposal and parts, supply, equipment, and material disbursement within the guidelines of the Materials Management Plan.
Shift & Normal Hours of Work: (Winter) 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (Summer) 6:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday & Friday 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
One year of experience working with the Minnesota Department of Transportation’s Materials Management System sufficient to research equipment, parts, and materials through a variety of resources and methods; establish and evaluate product comparison data; and analyze detailed reports to recommend/determine and purchase appropriate inventory.
Two years of experience working with automated Materials Management/Inventory Management Systems sufficient to research construction equipment, parts, and materials; compile, analyze, and evaluate product comparison data, write specifications, prepare solicitations, analyze bids, and select vendors; and purchase inventory.
· Experience using various software applications (spreadsheets, word processing, etc.) sufficient to research, update, and report on inventory.
· Accounting skills sufficient to analyze costs, invoicing, and budgets.
· Valid Class D Driver’s License if driving a state vehicle or seeking reimbursement
· The incumbent must be able to report to work within one (1) hour of being called.
The successful candidate must achieve the following certifications within 6 months of placement:
· Authority for $10,000 Local Purchase (ALP) Certificate from the Minnesota Department of Administration.
· Forklift Certification.
APPLY ONLINE BY 7/11/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “56765” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org