Minnesota Department of Transportation
This position will be a Design Squad Leader and lead Metro Final Design staff in the design of transportation construction projects; coordinate the development of scoping documents, environmental documentation, geometric layouts, detailed construction plans, and supplemental documents; participate in task forces, committees, and quality improvement initiatives; and manage consultant services activities.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Telework may be considered
· Training opportunities
· And more!
Three years of transportation experience that demonstrates the following:
· Deep technical expertise of design processes and procedures which include geometric design standards, policies, and concepts; MnDOT specifications and sample plan; scoping documents; environmental documentation; geometric layouts; and construction plan content and organization.
· Experience with MicroStation, Geopak, Corridor Modeling and other design/project management software sufficient to problem solve, guide and train MnDOT users in plan preparation.
· Knowledge of MnDOT Policies, Procedures, Highway Project Development Process (HPDP), State and Federal laws and regulatory and statutory requirements.
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/12/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “Search open positions”
- Enter the Job Opening ID “60837” in the Keywords search box and click “>>”
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting
- Click “Apply for Job”
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org