Minnesota Department of Transportation
Aeronautics Office Director
Up to $141,169 Annually
St. Paul, MN
The Office of Aeronautics Director leads and manages the programs that support the statewide system of airports and general aviation services in Minnesota. The Aeronautics Office provides statewide services in the field of aviation that includes working with airports to develop projects, licensing and regulation enforcement, and innovation. The successful candidate will direct an annual budget of $32 million for Airport Development and Assistance and Aviation Support Services, manage distribution of $500 million in federal funds, and lead a team of 45 staff to promote aviation in Minnesota by developing aviation policies and procedures and implementing the Airport Development Plan, the State Aviation System Plan, and the Aviation Services Program.
MnDOT is seeking an experienced leader to oversee implementation of Aeronautics plans, programs, and projects. The director ensures all requirements of the statewide transportation plan for aviation programs are met and significant issues are communicated. This role interacts with municipal officials and operators of state airports, elected officials, representatives of the aviation industry, other state agencies, regional offices of the Federal Aviation Administration, the National Transportation Safety Board, the National Association of State Aviation Officials, and others in the aviation industry to build awareness of new developments in the field of aviation.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 12 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 paid sick days a year
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Flexible work schedule
· Telework may be available
· Short & long-term disability available
· And more!
To minimally qualify, applicants must have five years of progressively responsible leadership experience, of which three are managerial in a transportation related field.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to be considered further in the selection process, you must provide a cover letter summarizing your experience in the areas listed below. Attach your cover letter AND resume to the online application.
· Policymaking and Strategic Direction: experience developing and implementing transportation policies, rules, standards, and procedures.
· Human Relations: experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholder groups, agencies, institutions, and organizations; experience building and managing high-performing teams and demonstrated ability to promote diversity and inclusion.
· Fiscal Management: experience developing and managing large and complex budgets (e.g., multiple revenue streams, grants, revolving funds, and/or legislative appropriations) that demonstrates ability to ensure effective budget management and utilization, including effective use of different service delivery models.
APPLY ONLINE BY 2/6/2023:
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers
2. Click “Search open positions”.
3. Enter the Job Opening ID “61362” in the Keywords search box and click “>>“
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting
5. Click “Apply for Job”
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please select: Other – AASHTO
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com