Minnesota Department of Transportation
Asset Management Director
Up to $128,370/annually
St. Paul, MN
This position leads the department and the Asset Management Office in advancing MnDOT’s Asset Management capabilities. Management support functions include:
· Leading the department in setting strategic directions and goals related to asset management.
· Leading the department in the implementation of strategic directions and goals.
· Managing the business of the Asset Management Office.
This position will have the option to telework; occasional in-state travel to meetings and is required. Occasional out-of-state travel is also required to attend regional and national conferences. Some travel may be overnight.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
To qualify, you must have a current registration as a Professional Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) AND possess five years of post-registration experience with three years at the Engineer Principal level.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you must address your experience in the areas below in a cover letter and attach it with your resume to the online application. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit the required cover letter.
Technical expertise: Experience in applying federal and state laws and regulations governing requirements for asset management; and experience leading and implementing asset management best practices.
Policy making: Experience developing and implementing policies, rules, standards, and procedures.
Human relations: Experience building and maintaining relationships with staff, legislators, partner agencies and others.
Fiscal: Experience with transportation funding and forecasts; developing and managing operating budgets; and planning and managing capital investments for highways.
APPLY ONLINE BY 7/1/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “56589” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.