Minnesota Department of Transportation
This position exists to supervise the professional planning efforts of the Office Transportation System Management’s new Corridor Planning Unit. This includes leading the development of a prioritization and selection process for corridor plans on state highways. Leading the development of guidance to ensure consistency in how corridor and district plans consider transportation data and performance and implement policy direction from MnDOT’s statewide multimodal transportation plan and other statewide plans. Coordinating corridor and district planning processes, including reviewing proposals for consistency with guidance, seeking leadership concurrence, and organizing and coordinating the involvement of the public, interest groups, and other state, regional and local agencies for inter-district planning efforts. This position will have the option to telework.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
Three years of professional supervisory (supervising professional employees) experience OR Four years of advanced professional transportation planning experience.
Experience must also demonstrate the following:
· Experience working as a project leader or lead worker, demonstrating the ability to successfully motivate and direct the work of other professional staff in transportation planning, urban planning, or close-related policy analysis.
· Experience using planning principles and practices sufficient to coordinate transportation planning processes.
· Budget analysis experience sufficient to oversee section and staffing budget.
· Advanced knowledge of the interrelationships and interdependencies among transportation, land use, community and economic development, environmental sustainability, community livability, and public health
· Extensive knowledge of federal and state transportation planning legislation, regulations, and guidelines.
Note: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Geography, Urban Studies, Sociology, Political Science substitutes for six months of advanced professional experience.
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/16/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “Search open positions”
- Enter the Job Opening ID “60825” in the Keywords search box and click “>>”
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting
- Click “Apply for Job”
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org