Minnesota Department of Transportation
Highway Investment Planning Coordinator
Up to $99,493/annually
St. Paul, MN
This position facilitates long-range capital investment planning decisions and policies for the agency to ensure MnDOT delivers a transportation program that balances public and stakeholder interests, state goals, and federal and state requirements.
The position serves as a lead planner and project manager for updates to the 20-year Minnesota State Highway Investment Plan and 10-year Capital Highway Investment Plan and ensure planned investments follow agency plans. The 20-year plan translates the broad policy direction of state goals and the Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan into a fiscally constrained plan for more than $30 billion in capital construction projects on the state highway system. The 10-year plan is updated annually and identifies specific investments in line with the 20-year plan guidance.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 12 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Paid parental leave available
· Telework may be considered
· And more!
Three years of advanced professional transportation planning experience that demonstrates the following:
· Experience with planning principles, methods, and techniques sufficient to develop major statewide plans.
· Knowledge of state and federal program laws, policies, and regulations related to statewide and metropolitan planning.
· Experience leading planning studies or complex planning processes.
· Experience with statistics and spreadsheets to analyze and display trends and conditions.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Planning, Geography, Urban Studies, Sociology, Political Science substitutes for six months of advanced professional experience.
APPLY ONLINE BY 3/24/2023:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “Search open positions”
- Enter the Job Opening ID “61866” in the Keywords search box and click “>>”
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting
- Click “Apply for Job”
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – AASHTO
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org