MN Department of Transportation
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Bridge Maintenance Worker
Transportation Generalist Senior
Up to $62,326/annually
Mendota Heights, MN
Come work for MnDOT, the nation’s leader in the Transportation Industry!
Install, maintain, and repair steel fabricated bridges and structures at the Spring Lake Park Bridge Office, performing concrete work, carpentry, cleaning and prepping for painting. Determine proper traffic control layout, perform safety inspections, and operate heavy equipment. Maintain roadways and shoulders by performing snow and ice removal, removing snow from rights of way or yards, applying de-icing chemicals on stretches of highway under slippery conditions and maintaining documentation. Two openings are available.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
Please clearly list your experience in the following areas on your resume:
The level of experience to perform this job at the Transportation Generalist Senior level can be achieved with:
· Two years of experience performing carpentry OR concrete OR iron work OR a combination of one or more of these activities.
Some examples of carpentry may include: building construction; building repairs; or framing.
Some examples of concrete work may include: grading; bridge construction, repair and maintenance; or forming, placing and finishing concrete.
Some examples of iron work may include: structural steel erection; setting anchor bolts and inserts; gusset plate installation; placement of reinforcing steel or rebar; or rebar replacement.
Note: A Two year technical trades training or degree (e.g., carpentry, concrete/masonry, etc.) or equivalent may be substituted for one year of experience. (In order for education coursework to be considered in lieu of work experience, you must submit a copy of your transcript.)
· Working knowledge of English sufficient to read, write, speak and understand oral and written information; communicate with employees and the general public in-person or via two-way radio and other electronic devices; and to maintain routine written logs and simple records.
· Must possess a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with no airbrake restriction and a tanker endorsement.
APPLY ONLINE BY 6/30/2022:
Go to www.mn.gov/careers
Click “External Applicants”.
On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “53031” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – Career Fair.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Shannon Huberty, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist
Salary Range: $23.03 – $29.85/hourly; $48,086 – $62,326/annually
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org