How to Apply
You MUST apply at http://tinyurl.com/2w9by6uh by Feb 16.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
NOW WITH HIGHER PAY: $49,158 – $86,026
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Specialist to join our Division Construction Engineering team and serve as our Senior Division Utility Coordinator.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise our Division Utility Coordinator and Division Utility Inspector.
- Manage the development of utility relocation strategies and provide coordination services on large complex highway projects to accomplish removal, relocation, and modification of utility facilities (water, sewer, gas, electric, telecommunication, etc.) impacted by highways improvement projects. Services include development of a Utility Analysis & Preliminary Routing report, utility relocation schedules, and utility plans and estimates.
- Authorize utility company relocations and administration of contracts consisting of utility relocation agreements for adjustments to existing and proposed facilities and encroachment contracts (permits for occupancy of highway right of way) due to highway construction.
- Implement advanced engineering criteria and innovative construction methods in the coordination relocation and placement of utilities along highway rights of way and proposed corridors while adhering to applicable environmental regulations and roadway design standards.
- Review complex highway plans in various stages of completion for accuracy of utility data, conducts field inspections for verification of data, and consultation with NCDOT units and utility owners.
What You Bring
- Experience developing utility relocation strategies and providing coordination/relocation services to accomplish removal, relocation, and modification of utility facilities (water, sewer, gas, electric, telecommunication, etc.) impacted by highway improvement projects including the development of Utility Relocation Agreements and acquiring Encroachment Agreements from utility owners.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction plans, contract provisions, specifications, and procedures.
- Experience communicating and negotiating with public agencies, contractors, and /or utility companies.
- Experience directing, assisting, or training employees.
- Experience planning and coordinating project work.
- Ability to negotiate and develop contract documents for highway projects for engineering services and utility owner agreements.
- Thorough knowledge of NC General Statutes, FHWA, and NCDOT policies and procedures related to utility placement and relocations.
- Ability to train and provide technical assistance to others and give clear instructions and directions to employees, utility company and NCDOT staff concerning utility/highway matters.
- Ability to read and interpret highway plans.
- Ability to safely drive a motor vehicle.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience:
- Communicating with utility companies and contractors regarding utility placement and relocation.
- Negotiating with utility companies and contractors;.
- The ability to read and understand utility relocation plans.
- Performing project and utility inspections.
- Designing/reviewing designs by others of utility plans associated with Transportation Improvement projects.
- Developing utility related cost estimates.
- Developing relocation plans for a specific utility.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or a related field, and
7+ years of progressive technician experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Jackie Phillips at 910-773-8028.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
View all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/NCDOTJobs