NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3FKwDu8 to be considered.
This posting is for 4+ openings, and your application will be considered for all of them!
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Looking for a great place to work with
- A living wage
- Job security
- Full benefits (including the State Health Plan and a pension!)
- A true team atmosphere, and
- Work you can take pride in
This is an entry-level opening for you to begin a career with the NC Department of Transportation as a Transportation Worker I. You’ll get to work on exciting projects, learn construction skills, and build your career. Join us!
We are looking for entry-level transportation workers to join our Highway Maintenance team in Stanly county.
In this role you will be trained to:
- Build, inspect, and maintain roads and roadside features for the North Carolina highway system.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and heavy equipment, including broom tractors, paint line removing machines, thermoplastic machines, trenchers, and edge-line paint guns.
- Shovel, rake, asphalt, and flag traffic.
- Ensure work zone safety.
- Participate in snow & ice removal.
- Assist with maintenance/repair projects using tools and equipment including tractors with attachments, curb machines, cutoff saws, small wheel and sheep foot rollers, vibrator roller compactors, pulverizer mixers, and pneumatic tire rollers.
- Mow grass using a tractor with attachments, and help with grass and wildflower plantings and maintenance.
- Drive dump and flatbed trucks.
- Assist paint crews.
- Install road signs.
- Assist Electronics Technicians installing and maintaining signals.
- Perform vegetation control, debris removal, and snow removal.
What You Bring
An interest in a career in Transportation Construction, and commitment to a safe work environment.
Experience performing manual labor, and operating power tools such as a chainsaws, weed eaters, skill saws, drills, compactors, jackhammers, etc.
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
A Commercial Driver’s License. (Note: You can get this after you are hired through on-the-job training, but it must be within 60 days for your CDL Permit and 90 days for your License.)
A pre-employment drug test is required.
We will check with previous employers for the past 2 years about controlled substances and alcohol testing.
Safety toe footwear is required.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Chloe Fanelli at (919) 707-4439.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org