How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/4terhtcx by Sept 21, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $46,817 – $81,930
We’re looking for an experienced engineering specialist to serve as the lead project closeout technician.
In this role, you will:
- Verify that Final Estimate Assemblies meet standards and timelines for final submittal to contractors.
- Work closely with our Resident Engineer’s office to train to ensure Final Estimate assemblies are submitted to the Division on time and with minimal errors.
- Assist NCDOT division staff with reviewing project plans throughout the Design Phase.
What You Bring
- Experience applying engineering concepts to solve complex problems.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and drafting software, laptops & iPads, and a good ability to adapt to technology changes.
- Mathematics knowledge (such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry).
- Experience reading and interpreting construction plans, contract provisions, specifications, and procedures.
- Experience taking notes, collecting field data, and preparing routine reports.
- Good communications skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and the public.
- Ability to work independently to make engineering decisions.
- Safety toe footwear.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, and
6+ years progressive technician experience; or
High School/GED Diploma, and
8+ years progressive technician experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Night, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
Call me: Jackie Phillips at 910-773-8028.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/NCDOTJobs