NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/4smtwd23 by December 5, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $37,577 – $65,760
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance/Construction Technician III to join our Facilities Management team in our Greenville office. This position will service these offices: Ahoskie DMV, Elizabeth City DMV, Greenville DMV/SHP, Halifax Weigh Stations, Hertford Weigh Stations, Roanoke Rapids DMV, Rocky Mount DMV, and Washington DMV.
In this role you will resolve facility maintenance issues in state-owned buildings that we oversee.
What You Bring
- Excellent knowledge of building codes.
- Experience to perform journey level work in at least 2 trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, masonry, or plastering).
- Working knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and materials used in general maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, drywall, roofing, locks, windows, plumbing, and mechanical equipment.
- Experience supervising skilled/semi-skilled contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and estimate repair costs.
- Computer skills to prepare and maintain routine records and reports.
- You may be required to work at another facility as directed by your Supervisor or lead mechanic.
- Unscheduled overtime may be required during building emergencies, and you may be called in to assist with building emergencies after hours, weekends, and holidays.
- You will need to work during inclement weather conditions.
- You must be able to work well with little direct supervision and may be required to work as a team leader.
- We may require you to become certified by the Environmental Protection Agency as a Type I, II, III or Universal technician.
Education & Experience
High School/GED Diploma, and
2+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Denise Radford 919-814-6092.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs