How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/mj4yhrva by June 13, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $34,936 – $61,137
We are looking for an entry-level Engineering Technician to join our Halifax District team.
In this role, you will:
- Perform simple computations to prepare engineering notes and determine quantities of contractor work.
- Exercise your good engineering judgment.
- Perform moderately-complex technical tests and inspections of roadway construction, and less complex tests and inspections of structure constructions on highway construction projects.
- Use surveying instruments and equipment to measure work performed by contractors and establish contractor controls to construct highway projects.
What You Bring
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Experience maintaining standard daily records and reports.
- Knowledge of standards and specifications.
- Plan reading experience.
- Computer skills using a laptop, iPad, Microsoft Office, and engineering software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the general concepts, practices, and theories used in construction, construction inspection, and/or construction surveying.
- Some knowledge of surveying and materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction.
- General math knowledge including algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge in the use of survey equipment and in office equipment such as calculators and computers.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain construction plans, contract provisions, specifications, and inspection procedures.
- Good note taking skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Agility to traverse uneven ground while carrying survey/inspection equipment loads of 20-40 pounds.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or a related field; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Gail Crawley at 252-583-4230.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org