NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3O93fCj by July 5, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
We are looking for an Airport project manager to join our Aviation Development Team and help manage Eastern NC airport projects.
In this role you will:
- Supervise and train Division airport project managers to ensure consistency of service as they assist those who own North Carolina’s public airports.
- Be involved in all aspects of each assigned project from start to finish including planning, designing, implementing, and tracking/evaluating progress.
- Work closely with stakeholders on funded/potentially funded projects, negotiating outcomes, discussing technical issues, feasibility, and compliance.
- Provide engineering and design guidance based on both state and FAA standards to airport owners and private engineering firms.
- Collaborate with others in exploring economic development opportunities at certain airports.
- Present and support Aviation division outreach initiatives.
- Participate in and contribute to NCDOT’s strategic planning, tracking and reporting activities focused on advancing our vision and mission.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of principals and practice of civil engineering as they apply to aviation and/or transportation planning, including the areas of design practices, contract and specification preparation and administration, pavement design, project management including scheduling principles, geology, earthmoving, drainage, paving, electrical systems, and environmental.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Ability to coordinate, lead, and track outcomes of meetings involving multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders through public speaking, technical writing, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience managing and training direct reports.
- Candidates with experience and knowledge of FAA design and/or construction requirements.
- May require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in engineering, and
- 4 years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Eileen Cusyck at 919-814-0581.
Learn more about how NCDOT is leading the aviation smart transportation revolution at: https://ncdot.gov/divisions/aviation/
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org