NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/2ka3zhyn by June 5, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $31,688 – $43,834
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Technician to join our Accounts Payable team.
In this role, you will:
- Approve a high volume of invoices related to grants, contracts, and construction projects.
- Audit scanned backup documentation to ensure the correct information is attached and entered correctly in our NCDOT Accounting System.
- Assist users with questions and problems processing documents.
- Communicate regularly with field staff to ensure invoices meet NCDOT and Internal Revenue policies/procedures.
- Run reports related to invoice processing.
- Validate ACH information entered/deleted in our NCDOT Accounting System.
- Serve as a backup to other team members on the Contracts Payable team.
- Work on and complete special projects.
What You Bring
- Knowledge and experience with SAP software or other accounting systems.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting methods, procedures and accounting practices, specifically auditing experience in Accounts Payable.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Considerable knowledge of government accounting methods, procedures, and financial practices.
- Experience understanding, interpreting, and applying laws relating to financial records.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Accounting, or
High School/GED diploma, and
1+ year of accounting experience; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Carla Williamson at 919-707-4200.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org