NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You must apply at https://bit.ly/3oroIek by August 12, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $32,460 – $56,806
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Technician to join our Rail Business team.
In this role, you will:
- Provide accounting management, oversight, and administrative support to the team and programs.
- Have purchasing authority and be responsible for the strategic budgeting of federal and state funds.
- Address complex accounting problems requiring you to gather financial data, conduct analysis, take actions, and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with other Units, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), contractors, consultants, municipalities, railroads, and other State Agencies.
- Assist our Business Officer in the design, population, and management of Microsoft Excel performance tracking databases related to NC’s state-supported intercity passenger rail services.
- Produce monthly/more frequent performance reports.
What You Bring
- General accounting practices and procedures knowledge including budget development and administration, and knowledge of fixed asset management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing, applying, and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the principals of business administration related to government programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with agency staff and officials.
- Knowledge of office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work with outside vendors, government officials, and others.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Candidates with experience in developing, entering data, and performing data management in databases.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Accounting, and
1+ years of experience; or
High School/GED diploma, and
2+ years of accounting experience; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Levonda Norman at 919-707-4715.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com