NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/3we9b8jk by January 27, 2023 at Midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $58,294 – 102,015
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Airport Development team that manages state and federal grant programs and provides technical assistance for infrastructure development at NC’s 72 public airports.
NCDOT Aviation promotes the economic well-being of North Carolina by developing a safe and robust air transportation system. Awe drive aerospace development, state and federal airport development grant programs, unmanned aircraft systems safety and use, aviation safety education and training, and air transportation that advances state agency missions.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the administration and supervision of State and Federal funding sources.
- Work with public airports and provide support with planning, design, construction and maintenance of asphalt pavement, lighting systems, and facilities.
- Facilitate annual meetings with airports and stakeholders to review programs and project status.
- Attend final inspections.
- Be the primary point of contact for a region of airports.
- Review and comment on project plan sets, specifications, and scope of professional services.
What You Bring
- Superior communication skills including public speaking, technical writing, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of the principals/practices of civil engineering related to aviation and/or transportation design practices, plan/specification review, and technical solutions for engineering challenges.
- Experience using engineering judgement and best practices to manage multiple, simultaneous projects at different stages of work.
- Experience coordinating, leading and tracking follow up requirements of meetings with multiple stakeholders, as well as building relationships and resolve conflicts.
- Experience managing and training direct reports and the ability to educate non-engineers on principles and practices.
- Advanced experience with budget management, tracking schedules, creating spend plans, and phasing construction stages based on these constraints.
Candidates with a strong background in pavement design, project management, contracts, bid process, and professional service procurement.
We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
3+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Eileen Cusyck at 919-814-0581.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com