How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/bdednbm3 by Sept 25, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $70,967 – $138,386
We’re looking for an Transportation Engineering Supervisor II to join our newly formed CADD Support team.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee our CADD Support team and their work.
- Review and develop policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting preconstruction projects across the state.
- Ensure sufficient financial and staffing resources are available and adequately allocated to meet objectives.
- Promote coordination with NC Dept of Information Technology (DIT) and NCDOT teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Assist in the development, cross integration and testing of discipline workspaces.
- Review, prioritize, and test all requests for IT tools used to progress the digital interface of each unit and division.
- Train staff on workspaces and tools.
- Provide input into website improvements to ensure ease in project delivery.
What You Bring
- Experience working cooperatively and effectively with geographically dispersed teams in setting goals, solving problems, and making decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Project management experience, including supervisory experience and prioritizing work, managing multiple priorities, delegating assignments, and tracking and ensuring accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- Computer expertise in Bentley CADD design tools and technologies.
- Experience with the NCDOT specific engineering design tools & processes, our business users, and our business processes.
- Experience supervising 3+ permanent staff, contractors, and/or consultants.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, and
- 4+ years of progressive experience, and
- 2+ years of supervisory experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Connie Strickland at 919-707-2540.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/NCDOTJobs