NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/ycakyyr9 by December 2, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
Salary: $64,270 – $112,472
We are hiring an experienced accountant to join our Financial Management team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead NCDOT’s efforts in planning, executing, and ensuring debt compliance requirements are met for the agency.
- Manage our external financial reporting efforts, including regular financial reports for the Board of Transportation, while advancing our reporting and data visualization capabilities.
- Engage with key stakeholders including NCDOT leadership, financial advisors, Federal Highway Administration Division Administrator, State Budget Office, Treasurer’s Office, and the Legislative Fiscal Research Division.
- Oversee the development and execution of all debt offerings.
- Prepare the following for action by the Chief Financial Officer and other NCDOT management:
Bond issuance projects eligible for bonding.
Report impact to debt affordability.
Investigate payout curves and other impacts that could jeopardize the project listing.
Stay abreast of market rates and timing to ensure the agency enters the market in optimal time periods.
Make suggestions for optimal debt package issuances such as debt service reserves, reimbursable agreements, and market impacts.
Effectively communicate to management in the debt issuance process.
Work with State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) staff to select and recommend bond issuances.
Investigate other bonding techniques successfully used by other DOT’s and municipal entities.
Prepare draft responses for credit agency and due diligence calls.
Be the daily contact for all debt issuances and ensure information is disseminated within the organization accurately.
Track, prepare and communicate all debt conformity requirements including information shared with OST and FHWA.
Represent the agency for debt related audit questions for all parties.
What You Bring
- Thorough knowledge of government accounting, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of NCDOT programs and capital projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively disseminate business intelligence.
- Ability to interpret and analyze policies, procedures, and financial data.
- Computer skills to prepare tables, charts, and visualizations financial presentations.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Power BI.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, management, or related discipline, and
- 6+ years of relevant financial experience, and
- 3+ years of management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Carla Williamson at (919) 707-4200.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org