NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/bbe6t5em by May 26, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $59,752 – $104,566
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Environmental Analysis team that supports the development of sustainable transportation infrastructure minimizing impacts on the human and natural environments.
In this role, you will:
- Assist our Monitoring and Stewardship Group statewide with the planning, design, construction, monitoring, and stewardship of NCDOT onsite stream, wetland, and buffer mitigation sites.
- Assist and support senior engineers in our group to ensure timely project delivery of onsite mitigation design plans.
- Help coordinate post-construction monitoring for statewide onsite stream, wetland, and buffer mitigation sites, ensuring compliance with all environmental permit conditions and schedules.
- Assist in the management of Private Engineering Firms involving the scope of work, estimates, project management tasks, scheduling, budgets, invoicing, and evaluations.
- Assess transportation project plans, provisions, specifications, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws relating to Compensatory Mitigation.
- Support management and implementation of the NCDOT’s Stewardship Program, including site inspections and field reconnaissance, to resolve issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with NC and Federal Environmental Agencies about permit compliance relating to NCDOT’s On-site Mitigation Program.
What You Bring
- General understanding and experience of the principals and practices of environmental engineering relating to natural stream restoration, wetland restoration, and buffer mitigation design/monitoring.
- General knowledge of federal/NC laws, permitting, and compensatory mitigation rules relating to environmental matters involving transportation planning, design, and construction.
- General knowledge of NCDOT organization and operations, including contract proposals and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with aspects of the management of Private Engineering Firms.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand highway project plans, provisions, specifications, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws related to Compensatory Mitigation.
- Management prefers candidates with experience with CADD-ORD, ArcGIS Pro, and Applied Fluvial Geomorphology with regards to Natural Stream Planning and Design.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
3+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Charlene Phillips at 919-707-6060.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs