How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/3jhptjxn by Nov 20, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $59,752 – $104,566
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Environmental Analysis team that supports the development of sustainable transportation infrastructure minimizing impacts on the human and natural environments.
In this role, you will:
- Review project documentation for environmental consistency and adequacy.
- Provide consultation and guidance for the efficient development of projects and the associated environmental analysis decision-making.
- Provide training (formal/informal) to internal and external environmental and engineering practitioners supporting transportation project development.
- Review day-to-day NEPA/SEPA tasks to inform and enhance departmental knowledge of regulatory and NEPA/SEPA best practices and work with Environmental Policy coworkers to implement improvements that enhance compliance and streamline project delivery.
- Participate in Merger Meetings to support project advancement through the Section 404/NEPA Merger Process, coordinate with other technical disciplines within NCDOT to ensure project compliance and delivery and pursue environmental streamlining opportunities throughout project planning and design.
- Ensure that engineering decisions and supporting analyses are adequately presented in project-specific environmental documentation.
- Coordinate cross-discipline to ensure documents contain sufficient information and analysis to support project decisions that can be relied upon for permit development and issuance by regulatory agencies.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and theories used in transportation engineering, including extensive knowledge of environmental and engineering principles related to transportation planning and environmental assessment.
- Experience with transportation constructability issues and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary team setting, promoting teamwork, and fostering communication with Senior
- Leadership, stakeholders, citizens, and among project team members.
- Experience with transportation and environmental decision-making, and/or transportation alternatives analysis in support of NEPA/SEPA documents.
- Experience solving problems, resolving conflicts, and applying critical thinking to complex environmental and engineering issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
3+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Connie Strickland at 919-707-2540.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs