NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/27ajn7j4 by Sept 28, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $76,290 – $148,765
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Supervisor III to serve as our Deputy Director of our Facilities Management division.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise staff and manage project design and construction in accordance with applicable codes and regulation that may involve unique factors, be lacking in precedence on which to base decisions, and be technically complex as evidenced by a high number of variables and inter-related considerations.
- Work independently requiring professional knowledge of complex and/or detailed technical procedures.
- Interact with internal and contracted design services and regulatory agencies.
- Apply your good judgment and decision making that directly impacts life, health, safety, and the environment.
- Manage our Maintenance and Real Estate teams reporting to this role.
- Have informal contract authority.
- Frequently travel to job sites across the state including occasional overnight/multi-night travel.
What You Bring
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Customer service experience related to solving problems involving explaining engineering concepts to customer groups.
- Experience making recommendations and decisions for simple or complex projects.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and drafting software.
- Project management experience leading multiple projects, scheduling, and directing multiple work crews.
- Experience with the State Construction Office and its Interscope project database.
- Experience supervising 3+ permanent employees, contractors, and/or consultants.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, and
5+ years of engineering experience, including
3+ years of management experience; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
We may require registration as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Kristen Wallace at 919-707-4556.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/NCDOTJobs