NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3ttktBP by July 1, 2022 at Midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
We’re looking for an advanced-level geomatics engineering technician to support our Photogrammetry squads.
In this role you will:
- Provide advanced tech support for the planning and production of photogrammetric mappings for functional design, preliminary design, final design, digital mission support files, film image scanning, digital image plotting, image processing, and calculation of construction earthwork pay quantities.
- Use geomatics hardware and software.
- Operate sophisticated photogrammetric analytical stereoplotting instruments and software to stereoscopically view digital aerial imagery and compile planimetric mapping and terrain elevation data.
- Review consultant and in-house produced planimetric mapping, terrain elevation data, and orthoimagery, and identify discrepancies to engineering staff.
- Generate orthoimagery from individual frame imagery using photogrammetric mapping software programs.
- Enter field classification and pertinent information into planimetric mapping and other files using CADD software.
What You Bring
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts, practices, and theories of professional transportation and geomatics engineering used in photogrammetry and surveying as related to highway location, design, and construction.
- Knowledge and skills using stereoplotting instruments, CADD software, and photogrammetric mapping software and equipment to generate planimetric mapping, terrain elevation data, and orthoimagery.
- Experience reviewing planimetric mapping, terrain elevation data, and orthoimagery and identifying discrepancies to engineering staff.
- Experience expressing technical facts in a clear, concise, and organized manner and maintaining records and work-specific notes.
- Demonstrated ability to perceive overlapping aerial imagery stereoscopically in 3 dimensions and interpret planimetric and terrain features relatively correct.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or related discipline, and
3+ years progressive technician experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Kayren Williamson at 919-707-7092.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
View all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs