How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/36en7mur by Sept 29, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $76,290 – $148,765
We are looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineering Supervisor II to join our Eastern Regional Technical Services team that provides geologic, geotechnical, and geoenvironmental engineering services for planning, design, construction, and maintenance of North Carolina highways.
In this role, you will:
- Direct daily operations of our Eastern Regional Office Geotechnical Operations team delivering geotechnical services on projects in NCDOT Divisions 1 – 7.
- Review geotechnical designs/submittals from consultants and contractors, providing comments and interacting directly with the consultants, contractors, and NCDOT staff to resolve issues in the best interest of the projects.
- Provide technical guidance and support to NCDOT field offices on geotechnical aspects of design and construction for construction and maintenance projects.
- Provide technical guidance to staff under your supervision and technical support to the team, other NCDOT Units and staff.
- Supervise 3 geotechnical operations engineers.
- Develop and implement internal quality control processes to ensure delivery of high-quality geotechnical designs in general accordance with internal policies, applicable codes, and FHWA recommended practices.
- Develop and implement processes to achieve high efficiency, client satisfaction, and ensure timely response to client requests.
- Track projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Assist our State Geotechnical Engineer with developing geotechnical engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of NCDOT and our operations.
- Experience applying geotechnical engineering and engineering geology principles and practices related to highway design, construction, and maintenance to resolve problems related to foundations, vibration, embankments, slope stability, walls, roadway subgrades, soft soils, and settlement.
- Experience analyzing/interpreting dynamic pile testing data/reports and/or developing drive criteria using wave equation analysis software.
- Experience analyzing/interpreting cross hole sonic logging data/reports.
- Experience analyzing/reviewing contractor submittals related to mechanically stabilized earth (mse) walls, soil nail walls, soldier pile walls, culvert headwalls, overhead and cantilevered sign foundations, sound wall foundations, temporary shoring/walls, hammer driving systems, and drilled pier installation.
- Experience preparing and administering geotechnical engineering contracts and providing input on construction contracts.
- Experience supervising 3+ permanent employees, contractors, and/or consultants.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, and
- 5+ years of engineering experience, including
- 3+ years of management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
We may require registration as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Anita Martinez at 919-707-6850.
More About Us
The NCDOT Geotechnical team collects and analyzes subsurface information and provides geotechnical engineering designs and recommendations for roadway slopes, embankments, and subgrades, and foundations of roadways and structures to ensure stability and cost-effective construction.
We assist in the construction and maintenance of roadways and structures and investigate and develop a remediation plan for geotechnical or geoenvironmental problems.
We investigate known and potentially contaminated properties to identify the presence and provide removal instructions for hazardous material and underground storage tanks.
We also review geotechnical designs and construction submittals from private engineering firms and contractors and take part in new product evaluations before products are used in construction.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/NCDOTJobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org