How to Apply
You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/3kbwnj4e by Nov 27.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $54,197 – $94,844
We’re looking for an entry level Engineer with a passion for photogrammetry to join our team to deliver digital aerial imagery and produce digital geospatial information products used in transportation planning, design, and construction.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with other government agencies for statewide orthophotography and aerial LiDAR elevation data programs and serve as an NCDOT aerial surveying subject matter expert.
- Provide basic engineering support in the management and oversight for the planning and production of photogrammetric mapping projects used in the functional design, preliminary design, final design, and construction earthwork pay quantities.
- Lead technical reviews of all tasks involved in the preparation, analysis, and delivery of planimetric and terrain data.
- Provide technical review of all earthwork terrain analysis and earthwork calculations performed on assigned construction projects.
- Work independently on specialized geospatial projects.
- Provide routine problem analysis, decision-making (subject to review), and effective staff & resource utilization.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of professional transportation and geomatics engineering used in photogrammetry, remote sensing, GPS surveying, conventional surveying, and GIS related to highway location, design, and construction.
- Experience in the use and operation of photogrammetry and surveying equipment and software.
- Experience generating, reviewing, and analyzing geospatial data products, Aerotriangulation Reports, and Airborne Surveys Reports to ensure compliance with NCDOT guidelines and standards.
- Experience with basic problem analysis and problem solving in math and sciences associated with transportation and/or mapping.
- Demonstrated ability to perceive overlapping aerial imagery stereoscopically in 3 dimensions and interpret planimetric and terrain features.
- Skills to read and review all photogrammetric mapping and construction earthwork project assignments and maintain detailed records.
- Communication skills to convey technical specifications and parameters to staff, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform technical reviews and to monitor and perform a technical review on staff member performance.
- Ability to set up/define project specifications and parameters on standard projects.
- Skills to perform a technical review of all Aero triangulation adjustments for control densification.
- Ability to train and develop Engineering Technicians on basic photogrammetric and lidar mapping processes, photogrammetric stereo compilation hardware and software, and procedures.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Geomatics.
You may be required to register as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Kayren Williamson at 919-707-7092.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs