How to Apply
You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/mnk46k8 by Nov 20, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER PAY: $34,936 – $61,137
We are looking for an entry-level Engineering Technician to join our Photogrammetry team in our Raleigh headquarters. This team captures aerial imagery using drones to generate geospatial information products used for transportation planning, design, and construction. We partner with other government agencies for statewide orthophotography and aerial LiDAR elevation data programs, and are NCDOT experts in aerial surveying.
In this role, you will
- Support senior technicians and engineers on our Photogrammetry team.
- Provide basic technical support for the planning and production of photogrammetric mapping for functional design, preliminary design, final design, digital mission support files, film image scanning, digital image plotting, image processing, calculation of construction earthwork pay quantities, and in beta testing of new, moderately-complex processes and procedures.
- Operate hardware and software used to perform assigned duties.
- Operate sophisticated photogrammetric analytical stereoplotting instruments and software to stereoscopically view digital aerial imagery and review/compile planimetric and terrain features.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge and understanding of the general concepts, practices, and theories of professional transportation and geomatics concepts used in photogrammetry, surveying, and GIS related to highway location, design, and construction.
- Basic knowledge of the use and operation of CADD and mapping software and equipment associated with photogrammetric processes used to generate mappings.
- Experience reviewing routine/simple photogrammetric mapping, or GIS mapping, or engineering surveys for compliance with established mapping standards/specifications.
- Experience expressing routine or simple technical facts and maintaining records and work-specific notes in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to perceive overlapping aerial imagery stereoscopically in three dimensions and accurately interpret planimetric and terrain features.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or a related discipline; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION! DO NOT MISS OUT!
If no qualified candidates meet requirements, we may consider hiring you as a trainee! The salary for a trainee may be lower than the advertised salary range to start, but your salary will be adjusted up as you gain the additional education and experience to fully meet the minimum qualifications.
Call me: Kayren Williamson at 919-707-7092.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/NCDOTJobs