NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/bdcv5eta by November 23, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $55,518 – $97,157
We are hiring a Policy Advisor to join NCDOT’s Office of Civil Rights (OCR) who will work with our Director and other NCDOT executive management staff on special and critical projects.
In this role you will:
- Assist OCR with Program Development, Governance, and Policy Revisions/Updates of department units.
- Oversee Program Development, Governance, and Policy Development.
- Be a member of the OCR Executive Strategy team.
- Lead and manage strategic projects/assignments.
- Contribute to the development of our Organizational Transition Strategy for standard operating procedures, contract, and policy provisions for State/Federal requirements.
- Undertake policy projects requiring considerable planning.
- Coordinate projects with other NCDOT teams and other state/federal agencies.
- Serve as the OCR Director’s liaison between our Division Heads, state officials, General Assembly members, and Congressional offices when required and advise on problem resolutions.
Provide information requested and ensure that requests for information sent to division heads are expeditiously handled.
- Assess the long-term goals of the Governor, Administration, NCDOT Secretary, General Assembly, and NCDOT in developing supporting OCR objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend clear goals and objectives for OCR units.
- Evaluate, assess, and recommend changes to our organizational structure and processes.
- Identify government, legislative, business, and community leaders who can help OCR learn, gain insights, and establish strategic working partnerships.
- Gather, analyze, review, and condense sensitive matters, projects, and problems. Advise courses of action, means of implementing decisions, and resolution pathways.
- Make detailed studies of problem areas and make solutions recommendations that are in the best interest of OCR and other stakeholders.
- Research, review, and recommend priorities for policies, procedures, planning, and program/project activities.
- Review and analyze position statements, executive orders, Codes of Regulations, policy proposals, and special projects of other state/national organizations/interest groups to determine impact/opportunity to NCDOT.
- Coordinate with administrative staff to manage and prioritize the OCR Director’s responsibilities.
What You Bring
- Strong understanding of transportation planning and project management principles.
- Thorough knowledge of NCDOT/OCR policies/procedures and applicable portions of State/Federal laws/regulations.
- Data analytics experience associated with difficult and unique management problems and skills making sound recommendations and decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, and explain plans, provisions, and legislation affecting programs.
- Demonstrated ability developing/interpreting policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, and
3+ years of experience required; or
An equivalent combination or education and experience.
Call me: Yvette Leonard at 919-219-5141.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs