NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/4tkpx754 by September 27, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $33,000
You will be hired at $33,000 with full state benefits. Your salary will jump to $34,500 at 6 months, $36,400 at 12 months, $38,500 at 18 months, and hit $41,300 at 24 months.
Looking to launch your career as an Engineering Technician? We are now hiring an Engineering Technician Trainee to join our Salisbury Construction team.
In this role you will:
- Support senior technicians and engineers in construction inspection, surveying, materials sampling, testing, erosion control, and construction traffic control.
- Perform standardized and non-standardized tests and assignments compiling, analyzing, computing, editing, and processing field data.
- Perform calculations and computations.
What You Bring
- Good eyesight to use testing instruments to read plan details, make accurate field measurements, and inspect roadway and structure components.
- Some knowledge of surveying, highway construction, or design.
- General knowledge of math functions.
- Ability to safely perform manual tasks using a bush axe and other tools on steep and rough terrain.
- Can carry testing equipment over rough and steep terrain.
- Strength to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to safely work high above ground, operate a motor vehicle, be proficient in record keeping, and use engineering testing equipment.
Candidates with a driver’s license.
You will be working inside and outside.
You may be exposed to high traffic volumes, heights over water or traffic, and may have to climb on bridge substructures and superstructures.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Domisty Menius at (704) 630-3220.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs