NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/bddt3xzb by November 23, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER PAY: $52,875 – $92,531
We are looking for an Assistant Resident Engineer to join our Sanford Resident Engineering team to supervise our staff responsible for stakeout and inspection of roads and structures in contract construction administration.
What You Bring
- Experience reading and interpreting highway construction plans and contracts.
- Leadership skills managing, directing, assisting, or training staff.
- Experience administering contracts.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering and an understanding of general concepts, practices, and theories used in construction, construction inspection, and/or construction surveying.
- Computer skills using computers and tablets with an ability to adapt to new technology innovations.
- Good communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and the public.
- Ability to work independently to make engineering decisions.
We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Safety toe shoes are required.
Night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in engineering; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Heather Hensley at 910-773-8006.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs