NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/2s4ettfp by November 25, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $31,200 – $44,509
We are looking for a General Utility Worker to join our Walnut Cove Equipment Shop team.
In this role you will perform manual tasks maintaining our Equipment Shop including sweeping, mopping, dusting, removing trash, cleaning windows, cleaning restrooms, yard maintenance, washing of equipment, and light mechanical repairs. You will also assist our Vehicle Equipment Repair Technicians (VERTs) in projects, picking up parts, and performing other duties as required.
What You Bring
- Experience using small hand tools such as shovels, rakes, brooms, post hole diggers, hammers, screwdrivers, or torches.
- Experience operating power tools such as lawn mowers, hand trimmers, air compressors, chainsaws, weed eaters, skill saws, or drills.
- Experience performing manual labor.
- Ability to prepare and maintain paperwork for employment, equipment repair, inventory, and service records.
- Ability to understand both written and verbal instructions.
- Agility to move parts and materials to repair and maintain equipment.
- Skills to safely operate equipment for testing purposes.
- Commitment to ensuring a safe working environment by leading by example.
- Ability to read and interpret Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) manuals.
- Class A Commercial Drivers License with N endorsement.
- This role requires working during any adverse weather, such as snow, ice, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc, which can lead to working extended daily hours, weekends, and holidays.
- You must obtain/have a Commercial Driver’s License with “N” endorsement through completion of on-the-job training and all requirements mandated by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (Federal Registry 49 CFR 383) within 360 days of the date of hire.
- We will conduct a pre-employment drug test and drug/alcohol background check with your employers over the past 2 years.
- Safety toe shoes are required.
Education and Experience
Education or experience to perform manual tasks consistent with accepted practices of the trade equivalent to one year of experience.
Call me: Lisa Davenport at 336-896-2330.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs