NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/2edpenmt by November 21, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
This posting is for 2 openings and your application will be considered for both of them!
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $35,788 – $62,5628
We are looking for 2 skilled mechanics to join our Greenville Equipment team.
In this role, you will:
- Service, repair, rebuild, and diagnose mechanical systems for gas/diesel-powered automotive, heavy equipment, and power tools.
- Operate a motor vehicle and have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker (N) endorsement. At times you will have to operate a fuel truck as needed.
- Perform skilled mechanical work including the following systems:
Tires and tubes
Rims and hubs
Transmissions (auto and manual)
Instruments and gauges
Air intake systems
What You Bring
- Skills to repair and maintain automotive/heavy equipment and diagnose problems using diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to prepare paperwork for equipment repairs.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Strength to move parts and materials necessary to repair and maintain equipment.
- Able to safely operate equipment for testing purposes.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors.
- Commitment to a safe working environment by leading by example.
- Skills to to read and interpret Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) manuals.
- Able to read schematics, diagrams, and sketches.
- Driving skills to operate state vehicle, Fuel Truck, and Low-Boy.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on light, medium, heavy duty trucks, or heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic welding principles and application.
- Experience diagnosing basic electrical systems and proper wiring repair.
- Experience repairing basic hydraulic system including hose and component replacement.
- Computer skills to gain diagnostic and repair information.
- A pre-employment drug screening is required.
- We will conduct a background check for your past 2 years about controlled substances and alcohol testing.
- Safety toe footwear will be needed.
- When needed, we will need you to work in emergency situations and inclement weather.
- We may require current certification by the EPA as a Type I, II, III, or Universal Technician.
Education & Experience
High School/GED diploma, and
2+ years of relevant experience, or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Sharon Shackelford at 252-439-2900.
Connect to NCDOT Careers at
View all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org