NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/3ss3xb3z by September 27, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $33,000
You will be hired at $33,000 with full state benefits. Your salary will jump to $34,500 at 6 months, $36,400 at 12 months, $38,500 at 18 months, and hit $41,300 at 24 months.
Looking to launch your career as an Engineering Technician? We are now hiring an Engineering Technician Trainee to join our Winston-Salem Construction team.
In this role you will:
- Support senior technicians and engineers in construction inspection, surveying, materials sampling, testing, erosion control, and construction traffic control.
- Perform standardized and non-standardized tests and assignments compiling, analyzing, computing, editing, and processing field data.
- Perform calculations and computations.
What You Bring
- Good eyesight to use testing instruments to read plan details, make accurate field measurements, and inspect roadway and structure components.
- Some knowledge of surveying, highway construction, or design.
- General knowledge of math functions.
- Ability to safely perform manual tasks using a bush axe and other tools on steep and rough terrain.
- Can carry testing equipment over rough and steep terrain.
- Strength to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to safely work high above ground, operate a motor vehicle, be proficient in record keeping, and use engineering testing equipment.
Candidates with a driver’s license.
- You will be working inside and outside.
- You may be exposed to high traffic volumes, heights over water or traffic, and may have to climb on bridge substructures and superstructures.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Ryan Pace at 336-747-7950.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs