NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/4mndd4hk by October 4, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $51,521 – $77,281
We are looking for a GIS Specialist to join our Division 9 Maintenance Operations team in Winston-Salem NC.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Specialist for our Division 9 Maintenance, Construction and Project Development teams.
- Provide technical oversite, leadership, direction, policy development, and application programming in data, technology, and geospatial services for Division 9.
- Develop, design, and support NCDOT Data and GIS applications.
- Work with Division 9 leadership, field units, and the central analytics team to develop application and technology information to support our entire division.
- Develop GIS applications and manage related data.
- Be a liaison with all Division 9 work teams and statewide staff to support the mission.
- Work in a team environment.
- Assume responsibilities for programs/initiatives that utilize your individual strengths.
What You Bring
- GIS analysis skills using the ESRI suite of ArcGIS products including Explorer, ESRI Collector, and Survey 123.
- Experience studying emerging standards and technologies and recommending GIS changes.
- GIS data management skills related to Asset Management and Geospatial applications.
- Experience understanding GIS needs of various groups and developing solutions to support project development, delivery, and asset management.
- GIS Project Development experience.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and SAP.
- You will be subject to emergency response, where you may be required to work in all weather conditions and be outside at times gathering data.
- Night and weekend work may be required during emergency events.
- Safety toe shoes are required.
Candidates with a commercial driver’s license.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or an IT-related field; or
A High School/GED diploma and 2+ years relevant experience in a technology-related field; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Jill Hutcherson at (336)747-7800.