NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/4h6jrmfc by January 20, 2023 to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
New Higher Pay: $31,200 – $54,101
We are looking for an experienced transportation worker to join our Forsyth County Maintenance team.
In this role you will:
- Perform manual and equipment work maintaining highways in Forsyth County.
- Operate highway equipment, such as a patch trucks, dump trucks, sweepers, rollers, and skid steers.
- Install traffic control devices and temporary erosion control devices.
- Flag traffic.
- Conduct crack sealing, asphalt patching, install pipe culverts, operate hand and power tools, monitor tasks performing by inmates, clear right of ways and respond to emergencies, such as snow and ice removal, downed trees, and traffic control cleanup during normal business hours and during emergency call situations/scheduled night work.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge of standard road maintenance and construction procedures.
- Working knowledge of Work Zone Safety and Workplace safety policies.
- Experience in 2+ pieces of Category B Maintenance equipment: asphalt distributor, asphalt mixer, asphalt patcher, crack sealing machine, ditching machine, force feed loader, front end loader, lube truck, asphalt maintainer, post driver, skid steer, street sweeper, tandem dump truck, tractor “A” boom mower, or truck with aerial device.
- Experience in 1+ of the following: pipe installation, erosion control device installation, snow/ice removal, ditch maintenance, or asphalt patching.
- Experience in snow and ice removal operations.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with N endorsement. (You can get this after hire through on-the-job training, but you MUST have it within 360 days of hire).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Safety toe shoes.
- You will be exposed to extreme conditions such as ice, snow, difficult terrain, dust, extreme heat and cold, high volumes of traffic, and heavy construction equipment.
- You will be subject to emergency call back, scheduled night work, and work during adverse weather, or other extreme circumstances.
- We may require work during non-traditional work hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and times of emergency.
- We will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background check with your previous employers for the past 2 years about controlled substances and alcohol abuse.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma, and
3+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Jennifer Redding at (336) 896-2350.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs