How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/y4derryn by Nov 29.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $54,197 – $94,844
We’re looking for an experienced Traffic Services Supervisor to join our Forsyth County Traffic Services team.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and coordinate sign installations on projects, and pavement markings on new and resurfaced roads.
- Oversee our Logo, Tourist Oriented Directional Signs (TODS) and Agricultural signing programs.
- Maintain and monitor our annual minimum retro reflectivity sign and pavement marking program that identifies deficient traffic control devices.
- Manage and monitor the systematic replacement of signs and markings.
- Supervise the installation of emergency detours.
- Assist crew leaders with technical problems.
- Provide your expertise reviewing plans for sign installation and pavement markings on contract construction.
- Monitor our budget to ensure conformance.
- Oversee our inventory system, including placing orders, conducting audits, and managing charges.
- Facilitate training workshops.
- Perform field inspections at worksites and facilities to ensure standards compliance.
- Conduct monthly employee safety meetings.
- Interview and recommend new employees.
- Establish employee productivity goals.
- Analyze performance data for accuracy and verify that production rates meet established goals.
- Administer performance staff appraisal system.
- Compile recommended annual equipment replacement list.
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper servicing and maintenance.
- Use your technical knowledge to perform investigations and solve complicated traffic problems.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge of standard traffic sign and pavement marking installation/maintenance.
- Experience independently planning, developing, scheduling, tracking and completing projects.
- Knowledge of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Standards and work zone traffic control.
- Computer skills using online databases (e.g., SAP, MMS) and other computer applications to create daily job reports, manage inventory, conduct annual staff reviews, and receive/send daily job assignments to staff.
- Experience supervising internal work crews and contractor operations.
- Strong management skills to coordinate projects with other departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reports, letter writing, and daily contact with the public, other NCDOT departments, public officials, contractors, and other government agencies.
- Skills to prepare and administer contracts for the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Working knowledge of NCDOT Standard Drawings and Specifications relating to traffic control devices.
- Knowledge of report creation using spreadsheets, databases, web-based production planning (MMS), and budgetary analysis software (SAP).
- Agility to climb, bend, and traverse rough/uneven terrain.
- Driving skills to safely operate a State vehicle.
- Strength to perform heavy lifting.
- Safety toe shoes.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with no endorsement. (Note: If you don’t have this, STILL APPLY! You can get it through our on the job training program within 360 days of hire.)
- You will be working ~70% of the time in the office and 30% doing field reviews and inspections.
- We will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background check of your previous 3 years with employers for drug and alcohol testing.
Education & Experience
High School/GED diploma, and
7+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Tammie Lee at 336-747-7800.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs